CALA continues to grow and we are currently looking to add to our CALAfam!
What You Will Be Doing: This position collaborates with our talented core of seasoned and enthusiastic staff to create vibrant public parks, trails & greenways, urban streetscapes, open spaces, and other truly unique environments. From conceptual design drawings and construction documents to community workshops and client coordination, you will be exposed to the full breadth of landscape architecture.
What We Are Looking For: Ideal candidates will have the right combination of personal, professional, technical and communications skills.
- Someone with the right aptitude and attitude.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Capacity to multi-task
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn new skills in support of growing the practice and the profession.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (or will be obtaining a degree prior to June 2023)
- Experience working under a licensed Landscape Architect (internships can be counted in experience)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Suite
Additional Items (not required, but would be super awesome!)
- Land F/X and Sketch up skills
- Hand graphics
What We Offer (besides our great office culture!)
Benefits: Flexible work schedules, 401k with a match, full premiums paid for medical, vision and dental for full-time employees, long term disability, all-inclusive paid time off (holidays, vacations, sick leave, personal time), continuing education program, reimbursement for alternative transportation, above average salaries (starting at $52,000 in Sacramento area, $60,000 in Bay Area), and more!
Work Environment: Due to the nature of our industry and the clients we serve, we have found that working in the office provides an environment where staff have opportunities to express their project ideas, ask questions, sketch, create, work with their teams, laugh, chat, and just fully enjoy a fun, collaborative environment. Telecommuting will not be offered at this time.
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- 4-5 pages (max) of work samples that best represent you and your experience. Please include your role on the project. Web links to work samples and full portfolios will not be accepted.
Direct your submittal to our HR Manager, Sonja Ditto, at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Designer Position”
Please, no phone calls at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Callander Associates is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided.